Monday, March 25, 2013

Snow Day

We got about 12 inches of snow yesterday and last night.  The boys definitely enjoyed it.  Eric worked from home for the day (the university actually cancelled classes) so in the morning, the boys and I went out for almost 1.5 hours while Julia stayed in with Eric.  Our neighbor emailed and asked if I could shovel his driveway so that he could pull in when he got home from being out of town, so while I was shoveling, the boys were busy playing in his yard.  Oliver loved it, it was a little too deep for Parker.  He was much happier after I shoveled the sidewalk so he could walk along there and play in the snow on the sides.  We came back to our house and I shoveled our sidewalks and a walkway to the road, then we all came back in.

After nap time, Eric went out the shovel our driveway and the boys went out and played again.  This time, I filled squirt bottles with colored water.  They thought that was pretty cool.  Eric helped them build a big snowman.  Julia watched them out the window.  Parker has gone and waved to his snowman many times tonight.  








No comments: