Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oliver's Baby Quilt

While I was pregnant with Oliver, I had these great intentions of making a quilt to use when we brought this baby home from the hospital. I had a pattern picked out and bought by the time I was about 4 months along, fabric picked out and bought by about 5 months along. Starting cutting fabric by about 8 months along and then Oliver was born. I worked a few times on the quilt in the first few months (at one point I thought we would give it to him for his first Christmas- that thought went away quickly). I would work on it for a bit and then it would get put back into a box and not touched for a few months. I had made a fair bit of progress prior to his first birthday and seriously thought we would be able to give it to him as a birthday present. Another fail :( His second Christmas passed and no quilt yet. After Christmas, I spent 3 nights working on the quilt and I finally had everything I needed to do on the sewing machine done. We went back to Iowa the following weekend and I worked on the binding on the trip there, along with 2 times working on it in Iowa and it was finally finished!! So Oliver got his baby quilt as a second Valentine's Day present. He smiled at the quilt and ran to it so I will take that as him liking it. He has been sleeping with it every night too. So without further ado, here are a few pictures of Oliver's baby quilt.






I have to say thank you to a few people who helped tremendously with Oliver's quilt. My sister Kathy let me use her sewing machine the whole time while I was working on Oliver's quilt. My friend Teresa Bartholomew helped a ton with the appliqué parts. She sewed the fish and starfish on for me. So thanks a bunch to both of you!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sara, that is so cool! You did a great job! As you did on Avery's quilt! :) She was laying on it the other day, and kept pulling it up over her face and playing with it. That's her 6 month old way of saying "Thanks Sara, I love my quilt!" :)

Kara said...

Oliver's quilt is beautiful!!! What a great job!