Wednesday, February 17, 2010

40 Days of Posting

I decided that for Lent this year instead of giving something up, I am going to do something. My plan is to make a post everyday of Lent. So hopefully I am up to the challenge, it seems easy at the end of the day to skip out on doing anything (as is evident in my lack of posting the last few months). So here's my start date.

We received a letter today from the allergy doctor we took Oliver to on February 8th. The results of his bloodwork show that he is highly allergic to peanut and moderately allergic to cat dander and egg. The doctor's instructions are to avoid any foods that contain peanut (using peanut oil, produced in a factory that also produces peanuts, etc) and to avoid any contact with cats. The doctor said if he is eating foods with eggs and not having any problems, he can continue to eat eggs, but if he does have episodes of rashes or other problems after eating egg whites, he will need to avoid eggs as well. While we are bummed out to know he has these allergies, we are somewhat relieved to know what caused the reaction he had and know to avoid these allergens and the steps to take in case of another reaction.

Last week for Valentine's Day, we had a fun time decorating cookies (and eating them) and doing a little painting for making valentines.

We went back to Iowa on Friday, February 12th for a quick weekend. My mom had surgery that day and we didn't have to work on Monday so we thought it was a good chance to get back to Iowa for a weekend. It was a pretty laidback weekend, we did enjoy a dinner at Doughy Joey's with a large group of my family on Saturday. On Sunday, we were able to visit with my niece Jessica and her family. Oliver and Danielle had fun playing together. We tried again to take a picture of the two of them and I guess you could say I succeeded in getting a picture, just not necessarily a good picture.

Apparently I am not able to post any pictures tonight, something isn't working quite right. So words are all you get. Hopefully tomorrow night blogspot will allow me to post some pictures of the little boy.

No comments: